We offer you the full range of skills, including:
- Working with SMEs to tease out the essential information required for learners, focusing on the learning outcomes that need to be achieved
- Conducting research and synthesising information from a number of sources
- Structuring and organising content in a coherent manner that will facilitate learning
- Writing well-defined learning objectives
- Designing effective visuals and text that communicates effectively with learners
- Relating content effectively to the learner's world and their experience
- Providing ample opportunities for learners to undertake challenging but motivating formative and, where appropriate, summative assessments
- Creating an effective design within the constraints of a project with regard to available technology, budget, time and human resources
- Using an efficient design process to help keep development costs to a minimum
- Applying sound project management principles
Our background in education helps us to understand the learning process and learner's needs and respond effectively to these.
In addition we provide instructional design expertise to higher education institutions that wish to offer either e-learning courses or e-books to their students. Through The Wordhouse we have worked with Sunderland University and Edexcel on a wide variety of courses from consumer psychology and e-marketing strategy to international banking and understanding the business environment. In association with Echelon Learning we have worked with University of West London to design an e-learning course on Managing People in Practice. We also work in association with Training Well Limited, specialists in developing programmes for tablets and mobile devices using Articulate Storyline and HTML5.